Tuesday, March 25, 2008

News From the Thailand Breeding Program
Here's the most recent report from Clouded Leopard Project Vice President Andy Goldfarb as he spends time in Thailand as relief manager for the clouded leopard breeding program:


Hey there,

I just wanted to fill everybody in on what's going on over here during long month of March. Things have warmed up big time, today it was a nice 99 degrees with about 78% humidity. As long as you like to sweat from the moment you wake up till the moment you go to bed then it's lovely. Most of my days lately have been building stuff or rebuilding old stuff. We have four older exhibits that we're rehabbing to accommodate more cats. It's is a brutal job, the jungle has taken them over and going in there to clear them out is tough. My first day starting this project I stepped on a snake, I didn't stop to see what kind. Then we hoist these 200 lb logs up and hang them from the fence. We're using a pulley that's got to be older than me so I feel real good about standing under logs when we're doing this. Oh did I mention it's real hot?

Andy

0 comments:

Post a Comment